The locksmith is back...feel free to ask me anything.

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
Cadance

The locksmith is back...feel free to ask me anything.

Post by Cadance » Fri May 13, 2011 8:54 pm

Greetings again fellow artists. Last year I joined and start making a comprehensive post about locksmithing however I got sicktracked with work and a love of mutual "exploration".

I will be going back to that post and revamping with with more stuff, however I got to thinking that people would prolly benefit more from direct questions/answers.

Ask away and the locksmith will answer.
The quieter you become the more you can hear.
Slow and low is the way to go.
Knowledge is no longer power, knowledge is survival.

InShadowLies

Re: The locksmith is back...feel free to ask me anything.

Post by InShadowLies » Tue May 31, 2011 1:40 am

Ok, I will have several questions but they will come as I remember them.

:idea: Firstly, I have heard that it is possible to "bump" the catch on a combination lock with a shoe heel or rubber hammer. I have tried this several times but have been unable to make it work. I assume that it works by jolting the catch out of the notch in the shackle while pressure is being applied. This would allow the shackle to open freely. I am doubly interested in this now that the new masterlocks have "anti-shim" technology and cannot be shimmed open.

Additionally, if you feel that this thread begins to delve too deeply into techniques that would be ideal for criminals we can move the conversation to a protected thread such as the BI or NO&UE thread so it's viewing is restricted to registered members.