An Overdue Hello.

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
InShadowLies

An Overdue Hello.

Post by InShadowLies » Tue May 31, 2011 10:51 pm

Basically I like to keep a low profile, thus the name. I am young but aged beyond my years with an almost sage wisdom. I look before I leap, do my research before I experiment, and do my recon before an op. "Proper Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance."

I am knowledgeable in various pyrotechnics (my latest project is perfecting a military grade smoke grenade made with readily available materials), as well as lock opening methods, and my own mix of self acquired skills that mix fighting, stealth, parkour, and improvised gadgets.

Feel free to ask me questions or bounce ideas off of me but please don't bullshit me or take me for a fool.

~InShadowLies

Xanatos

Re: An Overdue Hello.

Post by Xanatos » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:03 am

You seem to have an impressive array of skills there, I look forward to seeing what you know/are capable of.

I know what you mean about the age thing; I'm not even twenty and yet I feel centuries old.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:46 am

Rest assured, there's always more to learn and you've both still got a long time to go before you start feeling old. Same for me, and I'm in my mid-20s now. In the grand scheme of things some of us may know more than others, but we've all still got a long way to go before hitting our peak. So long as you continue to improve, anyways. Some seem content to rest on their laurels early in life and degrade from there, only to find themselves talking about the "old days" while drinking in a bar in their late 30s as if they're already old and washed up. Fuck that, I say.

Welcome aboard, in any case.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

AnOtherShadow

Post by AnOtherShadow » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:48 pm

Another newb here-- just posted my own intro a minute ago. So far seems like I'm one of the old folks around here (relatively speaking). However experienced you already feel, don't let it go to your head, and never take yourself too seriously. I'm eager to hear some war stories, though.
Murphy's Laws of Combat No.s 15, 16, 17: The important things are always simple; The simple things are always hard; The easy way is always mined.