Places to hide things outside?

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
theconfusedone

Places to hide things outside?

Post by theconfusedone » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:09 am

i was just wondering, i wanted to keep all my gear outside, so i could go opping on short notice.... what are some places i could hide a backpack outside? my parents do a lot of yardwork, so im afraid that they will stumble upon it....
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -Siddhartha Gautama

The above post is completely hypothetical.

Xanatos

Re: Places to hide things outside?

Post by Xanatos » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:11 am

Do you have a shed or something? You could hide a bag of all your gear up there where (hopefully) nobody will see it. You could always dig a camoflauged hole to hide your stuff in, but if your parents do a lot of yardwork they'll discover it eventually. If you have a compost heap or thick bushes/hedges you could also hide a bag of your gear in/behind there. Might be a bit noisy to retrieve though...

Just have a look around your backyard for good hiding spots.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Brain

Post by Brain » Sat May 01, 2010 2:03 am

I used to hide something on the roof top in the metal box.
Sorry for my bad English, try to understand my posts. Happy to share exp.

Kumori

Post by Kumori » Mon May 31, 2010 3:50 pm

If you're still looking for places, I used to hide some gear on the roof of a local school. I left some random shit, hammers and crowbars in a bag for a few months. Went back to check occasionally, never was moved. Now I hide some of my more incriminating gear there.If you're going to do this, just make sure that you know it's not going to be taken.

Urgon

Post by Urgon » Mon May 31, 2010 5:45 pm

AVE...
I used to pack smaller items in PVC pipes sealed on the both ends. Then I dug holes in the ground and placed them there. On two or three occasions when pipes were heavy, I tied to them rope and hid them underwater...
Other good way to make a hidden cache for gear and loot in woods, park or garden is to dig deeper hole and place there a plastic barrel. Barrels are good for bigger things. Also one can place a cover made of sticks, chickenwire, dirt and leafs, which can be later easily removed to access the lid of the barrel. I have seen once a heavy cover on which a bush was planted. The owner had to cut roots from time to time...
"We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf."

Airship pirate...

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:07 pm

This video should give you some tips on selecting good stash spots:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN020W-5YQI

Butteryass is a genius, in his own way.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.