My Style

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Clocwork

My Style

Post by Clocwork » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:03 pm

I tend to use Social Engineering to get where I want to go, but obviously that will only take you so far. Just about everyone on this site has mentioned wearing all black and sneaking around, but I like to slip through the crowds and parties and take things this way. If there is a house party (usually one that I'm not invited to) I'll go in and use my sleight of hand to get items off of tables, take things from the house etc. I do also like sneaking around at night but the silent thief is more my style. Is there anyone here that likes using this style? (Obviously this technique only works in large crowds and isn't really a replacement for your other skills).

Thanks for reading,
- Clocwork

preistpower

Re: My Style

Post by preistpower » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:06 pm

I do not honestly, I just tend to use stealth for most of my actions. Thats a personal choice of mine though.

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:43 pm

My style is to put on some clothes that look "normal" but can be used to hide yourself. Then a walk over to my objective like a "normal" person. Then I go stealth.

Clocwork

Post by Clocwork » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:12 pm

CokeCanNinja wrote:My style is to put on some clothes that look "normal" but can be used to hide yourself. Then a walk over to my objective like a "normal" person. Then I go stealth.
Yeah this is also what I do as well...

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:16 pm

I'm new to N-opping so I do things the easy why. I plan to do a full stealth op soon.

Blue_Social

Post by Blue_Social » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:18 am

Hell yes to the Social Engineering Clocwork.
But yes I will be getting to other places by general sneeking.
For you can SE anything. You just can't use it to move as much. :D
"Eat healthy, exercise often, die anyways. Oh well, you might as well make your life as enjoyable as possible." ~Anonymous

AlphaWolf426

Post by AlphaWolf426 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:49 pm

adapt you style to your situation, thats the best advice i can get you. if your mission is to break into a car parked in a driveway at 2 in the morning and steel their money, weed, ect then ya gotta be "kinda" sneaky dont just walk up there with a bottle of beer listening to your ipod that you stole down the street but at the same time for something like this you dont need a military outfit NV goggles or heavy duty boots. put on your normal cloths, walk by n scope it out, walk for 3 more min then turn around walk back n hit it n get the hell outta there lol. if you wanna steal guns, grenades and ammo from your local armory tho youll need alot more planning and gear lol. for the most part i value stealth over everything, after all this is all about going out in the shadows not the main street in your neighborhood lol. and i love crashing parties dude! thats not N.O. at all but hell yeah steal their weed n drink up their liquer then go home n plan a real mission for the next nite. WORD OF ADVICE - be careful of using drugs and alcahol before a mission maybe 1 or 2 shots to calm nervs n smoke a bowl but dont go in all screwed up your senses will be way off n chances of getin caught are way up.
the post above is a purely fictional story made up for entertainment purposes and/or just a hypothetical depiction of what could happen. any resembelence to any actual persons, places, things or events are entirely unintentional and coincidental.

Atarii-XV

Post by Atarii-XV » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:07 am

populace blending + stealth = revesible clothing or layering

AlphaWolf426

Post by AlphaWolf426 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:41 pm

no need for all the big words lol, remember K.I.S.S.? keep it simple stupid! lol... anyway ur right on wear multiple leayers of clothing if temperature permits so if u get spotted you can change your description...like this.... white t shirt, gym shorts...on top of that, green long sleeve t shirt, blue jeans, on top of that a big black shirt or hoodie....they call the police telling them to look for a guy in black jeans and a black hoodie, you change, the police drive right past the guy jogging down the street in his gym cloths....
the post above is a purely fictional story made up for entertainment purposes and/or just a hypothetical depiction of what could happen. any resembelence to any actual persons, places, things or events are entirely unintentional and coincidental.

The Atomic Fishy

Post by The Atomic Fishy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:38 am

my style is what ever work for the operation i have planned.
but useable i follow the outline of:

Clothing:
Black BDU's and boots
T-shirt darker color earth tone's some time with dark/ subdued logo
hooded sweat shirt
Bat-belt under sweat shirt

Operation:
act normal until with in 1km of target then begin to dissipate into surroundings.
scope out objective and surrounding area's
take notes, photos, mark maps of important locations
follow go/no go check list
if go- execute operation
if no go situation- abandon operation and return home via- counter tail methods.

Post Operation:
Reflect on operation
find and review what worked and what did not work.
decide if write-up on Night ops board is needed.
put away equipment
decide on next course of action based on mission type and found variables (worth another op? avoid? was the goals completed?)
hit the sack for its probably 3am

That is my "style" for most operations i guess
everything can change depending on operations and field conditions.
so everything i do is usually based on the following principles.
observe, orient, decide, act
Improvise, Modify, Adapt, Overcome
PLAN B!
in a society that has abolished all adventure, the only adventure left is to abolish that society.
NO hobo codes-http://no.surgen.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=6527#p6527
Op tag: ATOMFIS

fx1k

Post by fx1k » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:13 am

I start off exfiltrating my house being as stealthy as possible until I get a comfortable distance away from it. Then I start to walk normally, but I will still use a bush to hide from a car or a person. About a half mile before my objective I go into my quietest and most undetectable phase. After operation complete I just do the reverse back to my house.

AlphaWolf426

Post by AlphaWolf426 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:07 pm

everything can change depending on operations and field conditions.
so everything i do is usually based on the following principles.
observe, orient, decide, act
Improvise, Modify, Adapt, Overcome
PLAN B!

^^ hell yeah you got it man! AAO!

WCLORD

Post by WCLORD » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:27 am

Nice style! :lol: